Monday, October 29, 2007

PNTF Cross Country Championships

Yesterday was the 2007 PNTF Cross Country Championships at Woodland Park in Seattle. It's the same site where the regional championships will be held in mid-November.

I wasn't able to attend the event but in talking with a few people and looking at the results, the turnout wasn't as good as I would have hoped.

Club Northwest emerged victorious on both the men's and women's side but Seattle Running Company's Uli Steidl won the overall open men's 10k race in a time of 33:11. Sarna Becker won the women's 6k race in 22:32, a full minute off her winning time from last year.

The men's field was a bit depleted this year due to the fact that three CNW guys, including myself, are racing this Saturday at the Olympic Trials. We've also had quite a few local elites either move out of the area or "retire" from racing since last Fall.

The regionals are November 18th. I would like to run there but just don't know how ready I'll be after the Trials. I would like to run at Nationals in Chester, Ohio the first weekend of December. I love cross country and haven't run it since high school.

First things first, though.

Full results are available at http://www.pntf.org/open/results.html.

No comments: