Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Beauty of Running

I've spent five of the last ten days traveling for work. One of the things I love about running is that you can take it on the road with you. A pair of shorts, shirt, socks and running shoes and you're set. If I was a biker or a triathlete, getting my training in on the road would be much more difficult.

I was in Los Angeles last week for three days and ran along Manhattan Beach each morning and it was a thrill. It was sunny (this was a day or two before the fires broke out) and pleasant. I love running along the ocean.

Late last night I returned from a quick trip to Palo Alto where I got to run around the Stanford campus for ten miles at 5:30am. It was such a breath of fresh air to be running somewhere I had never run before and to be in an area where I was completely safe.

Earlier this year I got to run for four days in Central Park, not knowing then that I would return in November to run the exact same course for the Trials. It's such a blessing to be able to travel and enjoy so many parts of God's creation while staying fit.

My next trip is actually to the Trials, but after that, I have several more coming and my running shoes will be coming with me.

No comments: