Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Running Again

After taking a full seven days off from any and all running, I'm easing back into things this week. I feel completely refreshed and re-energized both physically and mentally. The key will be to not go crazy and truly ease back into things. I'm treating this week as basically another rest week. I ran 4 miles on Monday, rested yesterday and ran 6 miles today. I'll keep alternating days of running and resting and increasing mileage each day by two miles. That will put me at 28 miles for this week and 44 for the next.

Once the New Year hits I'll be running 6-7 days a week again buliding mileage back up into the 70s and 80s.

First race of the year will be the Club Northwest Resolution Run 5k on New Year's Day. I haven't run a 5k in more than 15 years so it will be interesting to see how that "sprint" goes.

So far this break has really provided me the renergizing that I needed after a very long and challenging season of running in 2007.

No comments: